ClearMax® Windows & Doors is a leading online provider of standard and custom windows and doors.
In this first stage of the project we focus on capitalizing on the client's idea. ClearMax had a live site that had been implemented on Wix. This platform is limited, therefore it was necessary to migrate to WooCommerce in order to implement everything the client needed. Once we had the scope of the project very clear, we began with the UI / UX design stage.
At the beginning of the development, we install all the Wordpress plugins that we define necessary to achieve the desired solution. Among them, WooCommerce, Yoast SEO, Yotpo, CTX Feed, Tidio Chat and others. Then, we start with the development of the custom theme for Wordpress. For this we are based on Bootstrap v4 and following the UI / UX design created by our designer, we managed to apply the final visual for all screens
E-commerce and Shopping Panel
Online sales is one of the keys to the website, the biggest challenge was to have a user-friendly screen where to show the more than 2,000 combinations of products and attributes. For this we implement a custom plugin, which takes the products from WooCommerce, based on the attributes and characteristics, it is shaping the options panel. When the user begins to select options, the possibilities are reduced until reaching a single product. Likewise, each window and door can have personalized measurements, therefore within the flow of options each client can place the exact measurements they need and obtain an accurate quote for the product before adding to the shopping cart.
After adding the product to their cart, the user can choose to download the quote or buy directly online. In the case of lowering prices, the next step is done offline, in general the customer is offered to go to the showroom to make the purchase.
Within the checkout options, we implement the shipping method with Flat Rate, which is a WooCommerce option. For the payment methods we activate Paypal, Paybit and klarna.
Technologies and Tools
- Wordpress: We use the self-hosted version of this great open source CMS.
- WooCommerce: plugin for Wordpress that offers a comprehensive ecommerce solution.
- Paypal: the world's leading payment gateway
- Paybit: payment gateway for cryptocurrencies
- Klarna offers direct payments, pay after delivery options and installment plans in a smooth one-click purchase experience.
- Yotpo: is an eCommerce marketing platform with the most advanced solutions for customer reviews, visual marketing, loyalty, referrals, and SMS marketing
- Tidio Chat: Tidio bots employ AI solutions to recognize customers' queries and act upon them.
- Bootstrap: is a frontend framework to implement responsive web designs adaptable to any device.